Accurately assessing body condition score is important to ensuring your animals are performing at their peak.
What's the Score? Body Condition Scoring for Horses
Being able to accurately body condition score will help ensure your animals are performing at their peak.
Find out how to:
- maintain healthier feed regimes
- successfully manage the reproduction process
- maintain the profitability of your operation
- ensure the health of your herd
This updated DVD uses both video and animation to show you the ideal body condition scores for beef cattle, dairy cattle, horses, elk, bison or sheep. It also shows you exactly how to properly score your animals, and includes several electronic factsheets on the keys to maintaining good nutrition for any animal. More information >
These resource were developed by Alberta Agriculture and Rural Development.
- What's the Score: BCS Horse - 355K (BCS guide for horses, BCS worksheet, Labeled illustration of a horse)
- Body Condition Scoring Your Horse - 241K
- Feeding the Stallion - 179K
- Feeding Working and Performance Horses - 189K
- Feeding the Broodmare - 225K
- Feeding Young Horses for Sound Growth - 208K
- Feeding and Management Considerations for Horses - 142K