Equine Traceability Canada (ETC) is an industry-led equine identification, tracing and tracking initiative. The program was developed through HWAC to protect the Canadian horse herd.
The ETC database provides an ongoing secure history of the horse including owner details and:
- Health and medical records,
- Date and location of birth,
- Breeder details, and
- Premise / residence information.
The database accepts all forms of animal identification including breed group registration number(s), DNA profiles, RF tags, brands, tattoos, photos, iris scanning, etc.
The ETC database utilizes and integrates existing data from pedigree and breed registries, competitive disciplines and sport / performance tracking databases.
- Secure online documentation for use on the Equine Identification Document (EID), transport manifests, including import and export.
- Printable reports which may be used for marketing purposes (performance records, health and pedigree).
- Includes mortality insurance (specified perils).
- Provides an auditable process satisfying questions regarding animal’s identity.
- Available through smart phone applications.
The ETC databank minimizes the risk and impact of animal health emergencies by providing important information for those who add their horse(s) to the ETC system.
This HWAC project will be available soon.